A Family’s Guide to Autism Spectrum Disorder
Item Code: ASDGUIDE
A companion guide to Nurturing Parenting™ Programs and The Nurturing Parenting Program for Parents and Their Children with Special Needs and Health Challenges™
Major Goals of the Family’s Guide to ASD are:
Table of Content Includes:
- To increase knowledge and empathy and provide tools and strategies to address the challenges that come with parenting a child on the autism spectrum.
- To provide plenty of opportunities for a parent to stop, pause, reflect and jot down some notes as they consider the unique needs of their child and family.
- To provide tips and suggestions to support the well-being of every family member.
- To provide facilitators, educators and others working with families with children with ASD a tool to support learning and nurture hope.
- What is Autism Spectrum Disorder and Who Can Help?
- Strength-based Child First Language
- Fostering Significance and Belonging
- Understanding the Child’s Experience: Communication, Socialization and Sensory Integration
- Common Experiences for Parents
- What About Me? Common Experiences for Siblings
- Strategies for Positive Parenting
- Treatment/Behavior Therapies
- The Power of Play
- Resources, Readings and References