Welcome to our second in a series of Professional Instructional Manuals. Each manual is designed to enhance your knowledge, understanding and skills in areas related to the well-being of families. The title of this manual pretty much identifies its focus: Assessment, Evaluation and Research: Examining Parenting History, Beliefs, Knowledge and Skills.
The goals of this Professional Instructional Manual are:
- to enhance your understanding of the value of collecting data;
- to increase your skills in implementing programs that ensure family and/or individual post program success;
- by researching how different variables affected your outcomes; and
- by analyzing you’re program’s data for unexpected outcomes.
Successful programs have two major benefits:
- the likelihood of continued funding; and
- the increase in positive individual and family functioning which was the major goal of your efforts.
Parenting Education, one of the fastest growing fields in the study of individual and family functioning, is at the core of efforts nationwide to prevent and treat the ongoing problems of child abuse and neglect, intimate partner violence, and other forms of family dysfunction.
To this end, successful outcomes are most often contingent on three factors:
- The desire of the individual or family to want to be helped in replacing long term destructive and dysfunctional behaviors with newer, healthier, more functional behaviors;
- The effectiveness of the program or intervention designed to help guide the individual in replacing destructive and dysfunctional behaviors; and,
- The competence of the professional in implementing the program or intervention designed to help the individual achieve the goal of personal or health.
Any one of these factors can derail the success of achieving positive change.
The competent professional is part philosopher, part clinician, part practitioner; and part scientist. Enjoy learning effective ways to ensure the success of your programs.
Professional Instructional Manual #2 Samples:
- Table of Contents (PDF)
- Sample Session (PDF)