Parents and Adolescents program is designed to repair abusive parent-teen relationships. Parents and their teens attend separate groups concurrently, and then join as one group for 90 minutes. Parents and teens role-play, discuss, draw, and learn how to live with each other, learn how to play together, to communicate respectively, and to be a positive, nurturing family.
Teens participate in their own group that meets concurrently with their parents. After break time, parents and teens stay together in one group for 90 minutes. Role play, discussions, expressive art activities, DVDs, inventories are some of the ways parents and teens build positive, nurturing relationships.
• Each group is facilitated by two professionals
• Parents and their teenage children (13 to 19 years) attend the program
• Twelve three-hour sessions that meet one day a week for 12 consecutive weeks
• The following 90 minutes are spent with parents and teens together in one large group
Each three-hour session is designed for adults and teens to meet in two separate groups for the first 70 minutes (The 20-minute snack time allows parents and teens to share refreshments)
• Icebreaker and Check-In
• Nurturing Self Activities
• Snack Time
• Parenting and Communication Skills
• Home Practice Assignments
• Evaluation and Closing